Snagit Guide is proud to be one of many websites that offer Snagit tutorials. I have made an attempt to put together a list of great places where you can get great tips on how to use SnagIt as well as help and Snagit support.
This list is by no means complete and if you have suggestions to more great Snagit tutorial sites, please include these in the comments below.
Read on to find out about great Snagit Tutorial Sites…
All links open in a separate window so click away 🙂
1) Help may be closer than you think. Just bring up Snagit on your desktop and press your [F1]-key. Up pops the Snagit help file. It covers many of the topics we get questions on a day to day basis.
2) TechSmith Forum – Excellent user-to-user forum. You can even find me here as often as I can.
3) TechSmith FAQ – Excellent FAQ where you find most the most common questions regarding Snagit.
4) SoftwareCasa Support – Excellent source for Snagit product support.
5) Snagit Guide – Not a complete guide if we didn’t mention yours truly 😉 We have a lot of plans to increase the content, especially with more Snagit tutorials and good stuff. Sign up to the newsletter and I will keep you posted.
6) Snagit Video Tutorials – Great resource with educational videos here
7) Digital Inspiration Blog – You find 10 excellent Snagit tips.
8) Homemade Tutorials – Showing many of the effects you can use in Snagit
9) Getting Started with Snagit download – This is an easy getting started guide in [pdf] format.
10) Technospot – with four video tutorials
11) Creating SnagIt Stamps in Photoshop – A detailed guide on stamps. You can also see our easy guide on Snagit Stamps.
And saving one of the best for last…
12) Betsy Weber’s Visual Lounge Blog – I met Betsy in Barcelona in October and she rocks. A must place to check out the latest news.
If you have any great Snagit resources, please share them with everyone, just comment below.
And if you just find this interesting, please do post as well 🙂 And if you find this dumb, please comment about that too.
Until next time 😉
Peter – Your Snagit Guide
At times it is desireable to capture moving targets. Does Snagit 9.0 deliver higher picture quality than 8.0 for this task?
Thank you for your comment.
Snagit is great for capturing almost anything on your screen, but when it comes to capturing video with high quality I still recommend Camtasia because it will give you a much higher quality and possiblities of output.
You can check it out here:
Peter – Your Snagit Guide
I have a query, When I want to capture some screen one by one, but I also want to add some text to every screen I capture.
Ex: If there are three screen A B and C, before capturing screen A, I would like to give caption to that screen, and after giving caption ( suppose 1 line caption), the captured screen has to be in the 2nd line, Like
Caption for A
Caption for B
Caption for C
Can any one reply..?
In Snagit version 9 you can go back and forth between your captures completely freely.
You can also copy parts of each capture and paste that into the previous or next capture.
I hope that helped?
Peter – Your Snagit Guide
Thanks for your reply, can you tell me the exact step/s to do it ( Navigation By Navigation), it’ll help me lot…
Hello Arvind, I have emailed you a way to do it.
Is there a way to add text boxes to a video capture? Also can both text boxes and audio be used.
No, not in Snagit. You will need a video editing software to do that. For example Camtasia, where you can both record your screen and then edit the recording. See more here:
Thanks for getting back to me.
I am new to this snagIT i want to learn this completely can you suggest any sites which can help out from step to step
I think you found the right place 😉
Hi there, I am wanting to do a scrolling capture, it is quite a long screen, but 1/3 of the screen is for navigation and doesn’t scroll with the rest of it, so when I click ‘scrolling capture’ it only gets as far as the navigation side goes down. Is there any way around this? Thanks
Could you share the URL and I’ll test to see how it looks and if I can capture it?
Hey never mind that Ive since found out how
Using Snagit Editor v. 10.
I took a screen capture then added callouts and arrows. The screen has since changed. So I want to replace the screen, but keep to callouts and arrows as they are.
I did not flatten the images.
I tried to send the screen capture forward so the I could delete it will leaving the callouts, then adding the new screen print and sending it back so the callouts are out front. But Snagit wont let me select that option. The order option is greyed out. Or when I select a callout to send it to back or backwards, the callout doesn’t move back.
Any adive on how to replace a screen while leaving callouts intact?
Hello, I have been looking at forum after forum and Youtube video after Youtube video….ugh.
My problem is that I almost have my video recording from Snagit at the quality I want it.
1. But the audio seems to be clear and the video is struggling to keep up with it.
2. On the video, solid colors (especially in the background) are splotchy, almost like you can see the pixels. It’s not TERRIBLE but it’s bad enough that I would not purchase the product after 30 days.
3. Should I use a different codec besides Movie Maker 1?
I’m used to getting my videos from ClipNabber, and they are perfectly clear. However, I think Youtube is starting to code some of the videos in a weird way, because when I convert them to WMV the sound is fine but video is double speed. Also I’m noticing that increasingly, ClipNabber simply won’t let you download some videos.
Anyways, I’m used to great quality.
I am using Windows 7, and SnagIT 10.
Any advice would be great, espeically on how to clear up the grainy, pixely, smudgy quality!
Please check this article regarding how to improve your video quality with Snagit:
As far as capturing videos from Youtube, I believe the one uploading the videos own the rights to those and you shouldn’t download them unless the maker makes them available for download on their sites.
so far i have created several youtube video’s using snagit and i love using snagit all the time. However, sometimes when i try to video record while certain programs are on, the mouse goes haywire and im not able to click or do anything with my mouse. Any suggestions?
I am not sure of the reason for this, but it could be that system resources as scarce and that you need to close down some of these programs. Try that while recording and see if it makes a difference.
Also, do share your Snagit videos with us 😉
I am using snagit 8. My Finish Output in File menu is disabled. I would like enable the Finish Output ption so that i can use the shortcut key, CTRL + ENTER and make up my work easier. I didn’t find any option in application to make it enabled. Please help me.