So, you own a Snagit app? But, you want to migrate it from one computer to another? You can stay tune as I unfold the steps to do if you want to move your software from one computer system to another.
Steps to Transfer Your Snagit Software to Another Computer
1. Go to your old computer and open your software.
2. Retrieve your software key depending on the type of OS or operating system.
For Your Windows Snagit:
- Click on the Help section.
- Go to the technical support.
- Find the Registration Key on the Camtasia Studio Settings.
For Your Mac Snagit:
- Find the Snagit menu located next to the Apple Menu.
- Click on About Snagit.
Take note that the software key is about 25 characters of letters and numbers, which are presented at the locations mentioned above. You will need to copy this software key for its activation on the new computer system.
“What If I Wanted to Uninstall the Software?”
This will, again, depend on your OS or operating system. For that same reason, you will go to these steps to perform such un-installation action.
On Windows XP:
1. Click on the Start.
2. Then, go to the control panel.
3. Choose add or remove programs
4. Find the TechSmith software you wish to migrate or transfer.
5. Click on the ‘remove’ button.
On Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. Go to the start menu.
2. Click on the control panel.
3. Find uninstall a program.
4. Find the software you wish to transfer.
5. Choose the option for ‘uninstall’ on top of the window.
On Mac OS X:
1. Find the applications folder.
2. Locate your software.
3. Drag and drop it to the trash.
4. Empty your trash.
You can visit our SoftwareCasa Store to check for the latest TechSmith Software by clicking here:
>When through with the DOWNLOAD, you can start to locate and run the file for installation. Wait for the pop up where to enter the software key while installing. Follow the prompts to install the app on the new computer.
I think that was about the transferring of your TechSmith software from one computer system to the new one. If you still got questions, feel free to post your comments below. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Check out Snagit now!
Until Next Time,